I have a few dating “rules” that I make sure to follow:
- Only meet in a place you know and are comfortable with. Don’t go someplace you’ve never been to meet a stranger. (I never meet more than 5 blocks in any direction from the bus home).
- Always arrive early – make friends with the bartender/waiter and have a “check please/ help me get out” code word
- Always have 2 friends calling to get you out if you need to
- Always meet in a public place
- Have 2 friends know where you are going, their name, how you met them, and screen name
- If you go to the restroom do not drink anything you left at the table or bar.
- I must know your last name before we meet
- No phone number until we’ve met in person
- No meeting or dropping off at my place
- Never get into a car with someone I just met
- No drinking and driving (the beauty of city life is I’m always using public transportation so that’s not an issue)